Sunday, November 24, 2013

Week 12 - Excellent Reading Teachers

Looking at the criteria that all Excellent reading teachers share is helpful to see what a compilation of success looks like. I do not want to be a good teacher as far as the school is concerned, I want to be a good reading teacher for my students. i want them to learn and i want them to love reading. I have never loved reading until I came to college and had teachers that gave me the opportunity to read things I chose and do activities that were useful and I learned from. I was shocked that one of the "criteria" that successful teachers had was that "...they believe all children can read and write well." Shouldn't all teachers believe their students can all read and write successfully? Also, are a lot of future teachers nervous that they will not be sufficient teachers? I want to learn all I can while I am in school, but I feel like there is so much to learn to be a successful teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment