Sunday, November 17, 2013

Week 11 - Assessment

As a future teacher I think that assessment is very important, but I do not want to get so caught up on assessments that I forget the point of doing them. Assessments of students should only be done to benefit and learn how to better teach them. I feel like I am someone who could definitely get caught up in the results of assessments, which can be dangerous. Every student learns differently and assessments can be used to learn how to teach every student in your classroom. The spelling inventory we did in class said SO much about the class I gave it to. I knew exactly which students were struggling and in what area they are struggling in. With assessments, I also think it is important that they are clear and appropriate on every level.  

No comments:

Post a Comment